Key Practice Areas
Do you have a case?
Our lawyers have secured numerous multi-million dollar recoveries in personal injury and class action claims.
See Our Cases >
Verdicts and Settlements
When making one of your most important life decisions that will affect your future and the future of your family, you want to know that you are seeking the counsel of someone in whom you can have complete confidence. A good lawyer plays the dual roles of counselor and advocate. Both roles will be important as you deal with the fallout from medical malpractice.
As counselor, your lawyer's job is to know who you are and understand your needs. Your lawyer should be able to advise you when you seek his or her advice, and you should feel comfortable working alongside him or her.
As advocate, your lawyer's job is to ensure that your rights are protected through the legal system. You should feel comfortable in your lawyer's understanding of the legal system and his or her ability to represent you and speak on your behalf.
In the service to our clients, we have confidently served as both counselors and advocates. As counselors, we have stood beside our clients, answering their questions and helping them deal with the consequences of medical malpractice-treatment, liens, foreclosure, etc. As advocates, the lawyers of our firm have served our clients in the courtroom, protecting their rights and securing over $85 million recovery to meet their needs now and in the future.
Featured Case: $5,000,000.00 verdict against the Diocese of Belleville for man who suffered abused by parish priest from 1973 to 1975.
Medical Negligence/Medical Malpractice:
- $Confidential multi-million dollar settlement on behalf of woman and her family regarding the delayed diagnosis of her breast cancer.
- $1,800,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for a southern Illinois man regarding failure to diagnose and treat complications following routine surgery.
- $3,200,000.00 medical malpractice verdict concerning claims that resulted in a leg amputation against a family physician and an orthopedic surgeon.
- $1,800,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for the failure to timely diagnose and treat pancreatitis.
- $1,500,000.00 medical malpractice settlement on behalf of local doctor for a claim brought against a local surgeon and hospital for surgical errors resulting in permanent and disabling injury.
- $1,200,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for a claim concerning the delayed diagnosis of a brain tumor, resulting in the patient's death.
- $1,200,000.00 medical malpractice verdict in the first ever "wrongful birth" claim successfully tried in the State of Illinois.
- $1,000,000.00 medical malpractice settlement regarding a claim for mis-diagnosis of colorectal cancer, resulting in the patient's death.
- $1,000,000.00 wrongful death medical malpractice settlement on behalf of the estate of a patient for claims brought against a hospital and its staff for the patient's death that occurred after admission for routine surgery.
- $750,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for a claim against a radiologist and staff for the failure to diagnose breast cancer.
- $750,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for a claim brought against an obstetrician and a hospital on behalf of a mother whose child died during childbirth.
- $700,000.00 wrongful death medical malpractice settlement for the estate of a seventy-six (76) year old man for claims brought against his physician and staff for medical negligence resulting in his death.
- $475,000.00 wrongful death settlement for the estate of a man for claims brought against a nursing care facility and its staff for medical negligence resulting in his death.
Personal Injury/Trucking Accidents/Product Liability:
- $5,000,000.00 settlement on behalf of several family members for wrongful death and personal injury claims brought against a trucking company whose tractor-trailer collided with the family's van.
- $5,000,000.00 verdict against the Diocese of Belleville for man who suffered abuse by parish priest from 1973 to 1975.
- $4,500,000.00 settlement with power company regarding the wrongful death of a minor girl as a result of electrocution and fire caused by downed power lines.
- $4,350,000.00 settlement with tire manufacturer on behalf of a motorcycle passenger who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of a defective tire that blew-out on the highway.
- $2,850,000.00 settlement against a trucking company for injuries sustained by a motorcycle rider who collided with a tractor-trailer's exhaust system that fell off the truck.
- $2,100,000.00 verdict regarding a premises liability claim against an aviation company for a traumatic brain injury sustained by truck driver required to unload his delivery in an unsafe manner.
- $2,000,000.00 verdict in a product liability case against a paintball gun manufacturer on behalf of a minor boy who was injured as a result of a defective discharge of the gun.
- $1,800,000.00 settlement for the driver of a vehicle who sustained serious and life-threatening injuries after being run off the road by a tractor-trailer.
- $1,650,000.00 settlement against a vehicle manufacturer and a construction company for the claims of a passenger in a vehicle alleged to have defective seatbelts that overturned and rolled down an embankment in a construction work zone causing serious and life-threatening injuries.
- $1,500,000.00 settlement against a bus company for the wrongful death of a minor girl who was a passenger in a van that was rear-ended by a bus.
- $1,500,000.00 settlement against a bus company for the driver of a van that was rear-ended by a bus.
- $1,200,000.00 settlement on behalf of an ironworker who sustained a traumatic brain injury as a result of a fall at work.
- $985,000.00 wrongful death settlement for the heirs of a family member that was killed in a trucking accident.
- $700,000.00 wrongful death settlement for the estate of a truck driver for claims brought against the school that instructed/trained the driver, alleging that it negligently and fraudulently instructed him in the operation of a tractor-trailer.
- $500,000.00 wrongful death settlement for the estate of a family member that was killed in a trucking accident.
- $435,000.00 settlement for an insured for claims brought against an insurance company for the failure to pay on a claim when an explosion/fire consumed the insured's home.
- $1,200,000.00 settlement regarding a product liability claim brought on behalf of an injured pipefitter who suffered a traumatic brain injury when a nylon sling that supporting a large pipe failed.
- $1,200,000.00 settlement reached with the Diocese of Belleville for a forty-two (42) year old man who was abused by a parish priest as a child from 1979 to 1982.
- $7,000,000.00 settlement of a class action lawsuit against a national insurance company on behalf of current and former agents for breach of contract.
- Multi-million dollar settlement of a class action claim against a plumbing company for using unlicensed plumbers to perform plumbing work in the state of Illinois.
- Multi-million dollar settlement of a class action claim on behalf of Illinois school districts against a servicing company for fraud in providing school lunch services.
Free Attorney Consultation
To speak with an attorney about your medical malpractice, personal injury or business litigation case, please call 618-257-2222 or fill out the contact form on this Web site.